Baby monitors are used for baby monitoring. These are devices that are attached to your baby’s crib or on a crib door. They are used to monitor the activities that your baby has during his/her sleep. In general, a baby monitor is a small radio system intended for use by a parent, usually with an external receiver so that the baby can hear the sound of the outside world. An audio baby monitor usually consists of an audio transmitter unit, with a microphone, installed close to the baby.
The most common types of baby monitors are the wired systems. These are usually attached to your main house wiring and are used for the purpose of giving you sound proofing. There are also wireless baby monitors. In a wireless baby monitor, the baby monitor transmitter and the receiver are placed at an easy distance from each other. When the baby wakes up in the middle of the night and asks for you, the radio signal that carries the information will automatically be picked up by the transmitter and then transferred to your receiver.
The advantages of using a baby monitor is that it helps you monitor your child’s health, and if any problem is detected, you can easily inform the concerned person. Moreover, a good baby monitor will record the sounds of the baby makes and the time it took for the baby to wake up. This helps parents determine how their baby sleeps at certain times of the day and the exact time they need to change positions so that the baby won’t disturb his/her sleep.
The disadvantage of using a baby monitor is that some of these transmit radio signals through walls and some transmit the sound through your baby’s room. Some of them also send an audio signal to a receiver but not all. So, if you don’t want your baby to hear your breathing while you are sleeping, you should not get one of these kinds of baby monitors.
from other similar products.
The AXVUE E662 Video Baby Monitor is probably one of the most affordable baby monitors on this list. It just costs around $50 and that includes 2 cameras already. So if you are a parent on a budget, this is worth your money and attention. Here’s more information to help you decide on purchasing this unit.
- The digital 2.4GHz technology supports high data rate transmission for lossless video streaming.
- The parent unit sports a 2.9” colored LCD screen.
- Two-way talk to communicate with your babies to make them feel safe and comfortable when they wake up without you next to them.
- The cameras feature night lights to produce a warm and cozy feel when the room is darkly lit.
- Supports night vision view.
- Expandable up to 4 cameras.
- A sound-activated sensor that automatically alerts the parent unit when the baby is awake or crying.
- Supports up to 800 ft. range.
- Rechargeable battery that lasts up to 8 hours.
- It comes with a room temperature sensor.
- Very much affordable considering the number of features included.
- The VOX or sound sensor is pretty handy to monitor the kids’ activity when awake.
- Does not support split view mode. It only switches from another camera for every 8 seconds scan.
- Poor battery life.
- The battery life does not deliver the promised 8 hours life.
- Very small. Not good for parents that want more screen on the parent unit.
This is by far, according to our research, is the best baby monitors for twins when it comes to price and features. The AXVUE E662 Video Baby Monitor is specially made with functionality in mind without the heavy price tag to boot with. You can also check the best baby monitors if you have twins.
How To Choose The Best?
There are many websites and even books available that provide information about baby monitors. You can buy them either online or in the stores near your home. While buying a new monitor, it is important to ensure that you buy one that is suitable for your needs. As there are different models available, it is important to consider the frequency band that your baby uses the most. Also, the model that works best with your main wiring scheme will be ideal. While looking for a good monitor, ensure that it comes with an easy to operate and user-friendly control panel and a battery backup.
If you are in the market looking for the best baby monitors then you already found it. You can check kidzgeek where they have listed the best products they found to be good for your needs as well as your budget. They researched all the features included to see if it added value to the overall product experience.
One important aspect to consider while planning to buy online baby monitors is that it should have some advanced features like a back light and a dimmer. With these added features, it becomes easier to detect any abnormal activities, like the baby kicking or crying, by using an external light.